Enjoy working with children? Love seeing the light bulb flash in their eyes in that magic moment when they “get it?”
Join our community of passionate, dedicated, and supportive students and faculty in Florida State University’s combined BS/MS pathway in Elementary Education. Together, you will:
- Fast-track your career with maximum preparation in minimum time.
- Inspire students today and transform tomorrow, making a real difference in real lives.
- Enjoy small classes with collegial, committed, and collaborative peers.
- Receive individual attention from faculty who want you to succeed.
- Explore unique, STEM-focused curriculum.
- Gain real-world classroom experience from the very start with field experiences each semester.
- Learn from energetic, experienced mentors who will ensure that you have the training and tools necessary to support your students’ learning, inspiration, and creativity.
- Engage in every aspect of elementary education with a diverse cohort of outstanding students.
From extensive field experiences to the latest instructional technology, our inventive approach will give you a leg up on the competition.
As early as your first semester, you’ll experience what it’s like to be a teacher and apply cutting-edge research, training, and resources to:
- Build lesson plans
- Work with a diverse range of students from all backgrounds
- Manage a classroom
- Inspire students today to help transform their communities tomorrow
- Practice proven methods used by top teachers to create powerful learning opportunities
CAREER READY AND PREPARED TO EXCEL
When you graduate from Florida State with both your bachelor’s and master’s degrees, you’ll be ready to hit the ground running with eligibility for:
- Masters-level compensation
- Florida Professional Educator’s Certificate in Elementary Education (grades K-6), the Reading endorsement, and the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) endorsement
Teaching is one of the most rewarding careers, and a typical path usually offers ample opportunities for professional development and growth.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for elementary school teachers is expected to grow up to 6 percent through 2024. That translates into over 87,800 new jobs. The median national annual salary range for elementary school teachers is $55,490 per year.
With a master’s degree, you’ll also have more job opportunities than you would with just a bachelor’s. You could pursue a career in a school district, state education agency, a corporate or non-profit organization, or higher education institutions.
Tuition & Aid
The FSU College of Education offers over $550,000 in scholarship and fellowship opportunities – more than any other public College of Education in the state of Florida. On top of that, the state of Florida is nationally ranked in the top 2 for lowest tuition. The tuition at Florida State University is an even better bargain compared to other public research universities. You can find information about tuition at FSU here.