The purpose of the Technology Sandbox is to create a dynamic learning environment where College of Education students can learn and practice using various instructional technologies and tools and have a clear understanding of how they can be embedded into real-life teaching, learning, assessment, and research. This facility houses technologies that are currently in use or will be used in PreK-12, continuing and higher education, and other educational organizations, allowing our students to meet rigorous accreditation requirements, state standards, and accomplished practices and preparing our graduates for successful professional careers. The room also has a designated workshop area and BYOD area (bring your own device). As of now, we have a variety of technologies (many of which were purchased with student technology fees), including virtual reality (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Google Daydream), 3D printing, 3D printing pens, iPad Pro and pencil, and more. We are happy to expand and include other technologies and tools recommended by students and faculty.
We are located in STB 3201 and are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9 am – 5 pm; Wednesday 9am-12:30pm; Friday 9 am – 1 pm. Contact Sandbox staff at (850) 644-TECH for additional inquiries.
The Tech Sandbox currently offers a wide variety of educational workshops for the College of Education faculty, staff, and students. Our staff is trained in delivering technical expertise and knowledge regarding educational technology. Please access the following list of workshops we currently offer.
The purpose of the workshop area is to provide a space for COE students, faculty, and staff to hold technology-focused meetings, tech workshops, and training sessions. The room has writable glass walls, an ultra-short-throw projector, and a TV on a stand. You can bring your own laptop or check one out from the LRC. Please note that the workshop area cannot be reserved except for the purposes mentioned above. If you need to reserve a room, please visit the Tech Sandbox (STB 3201), call us (644-TECH), or complete this online form.
Request a Tour and/or Workshop
Sandbox staff members are happy to facilitate general tours, workshops, and training sessions for COE faculty, staff, and students. We are ready to organize on-demand sessions to enhance COE student learning experiences. To request a tour or a workshop, please check room availability on our online system (https://education-fsu.libcal.com), book the date and time you prefer, and complete this form to provide more details to us.
View a Calendar of Scheduled Tours and Workshops
Click here to view a calendar of scheduled tours and workshops.
We have a variety of resources available for College of Education students, faculty, and staff:
- VIRTUAL & AUGMENTED REALITY:
- INTERACTIVE DEVICES:
- 3D PRINTING:
- TABLETS & COMPUTERS:
- ROBOTICS & CODING
- OTHER DEVICES:
Please let us know by clicking here if you would like to see other items here in the future.
We would like all our users to have great experiences while working and learning in the COE Tech Sandbox, so we ask that you please follow these guidelines:
- Have fun and learn!
- Ask our staff if you need help or have questions about the technology in the Tech Sandbox, finding supplemental resources on our Canvas site, etc.
- You are allowed to reserve technology up to one hour at a time. If you are 10 minutes late, your reservation will be canceled and given to the next participant. Please plan accordingly so that your time will not be forfeited.
- Please be patient as others learn (or ask to join them).
- There is a one-hour time limit on each piece of equipment. Please be mindful of others and share them when possible.
- Please do not bring food or drink into the room.
- All of the technology and equipment in the Tech Sandbox must remain inside room STB 3201.
- Treat all equipment with care and respect.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment to a staff member on duty.
- Please sign-in and sign-out for each visit to help us keep track of Tech Sandbox usage.
To support students, faculty, and staff we maintain a Canvas organization site “Technology Resources” where we collect and make available a variety of resources by media or subject area. All FSU students and faculty have access and can self-enroll by following this procedure:
- Click the self-enrollment link
- Log into Canvas
- On the Canvas enroll page, click Enroll in course
- Click Go to the Course
Featured blogs and sites
Free Technologies for Teachers: great blog with many resources and free technologies for education; useful and practical advice, examples, and references.
Emerging EdTech: great resources on technology-enhanced learning and teaching, proper implementation of instructional technologies, and sharing of ideas
We value your comments and suggestions for improvement.