FUTURE STUDENT TEACHERS
Admission to Educator Preparation must be established before you can apply to student teach. To be eligible to student teach, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be admitted to an Educator Preparation program
- For undergraduate programs, you must have a GPA of 2.5 in all upper-division coursework. A higher GPA may be required by some academic programs for particular core courses.
- Successfully meet standards and complete diversity of specific early clinical experiences set by the program or the University
- Successfully complete all coursework in your program
- Receive a recommendation from your program for admission.
- Present evidence of current health insurance. Professional liability insurance is strongly recommended.
- Present official passing scores for all Florida Teacher Certification Examinations, including General Knowledge (all subtests), Subject Area Examination, and Professional Education test. Be sure to report your scores to FSU when you register for the exams.
For Graduate Students:
Admission to Educator Preparation must be established prior to the end of the first semester of enrollment in an initial teacher preparation graduate degree program. The Graduate Application for Admission to Educator Preparation and official passing scores on all sections of the FTCE General Knowledge exams must be submitted to OASIS by the end of the first semester of enrollment in an initial teacher preparation graduate degree program. Be sure to report your scores to FSU when you register for the exams. Failure to submit these requirements will result in registration holds and may result in a delay in degree conferral.
To become more familiar with the requirements for student teaching, please review the Student Teaching Handbook and speak with your advisor.
- Spring 2021 Student Teaching Handbook (Student Teacher)
- Spring 2020 Student Teaching Handbook (Cooperating Teacher)
- Spring 2020 Student Teaching Handbook (University Supervisor)
Questions? Contact Meredith Higgins at (850) 644-0031.